Guys, I’m really excited. This is my first baked doughnut recipe and I’m in love with these Raspberry Vanilla Doughnuts. These are so delicious that The Boyfriend tried to sneak a few before I could take any pictures. Clearly, I won that battle.
Growing up, I was always more of a bagel girl, but with all the amazing new doughnut shops popping up I’ve slowly come around. I was a little nervous about a baked doughnut because I didn’t want them to be too dense. Luckily, these little guys are nice and light with a fresh raspberry glaze. I tend to use Vanilla Bean Paste a lot in my recipes. Usually it’s okay to swap it out for Vanilla Extract, but do not swap for this recipe. The Vanilla Bean Extract gives the doughnuts that perfect vanilla taste that you don’t want to lose. You can purchase Vanilla Bean Extract online or at specialty cooking stores like Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. Lastly, you’ll notice the gorgeous sprinkles on top. You are not required to add sprinkles, but why wouldn’t you? Sprinkles make everything better!
Yields 12 doughnuts
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) Butter
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 2/3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 ½-2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup very finely chopped (or mashed) fresh Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Sprinkles for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pipe the batter (using a pastry bag) into the lightly greased doughnut pans, filling the wells to about 1/4" shy of the rim.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 to 7 minutes before turning them out of the pans onto a rack. Enjoy warm; or cool completely, and store airtight.
- Combine 1½ cups of powdered sugar, strawberries and milk in a medium-size bowl. Stir well until all powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Add more powdered sugar till mixture is a thick, dip-able glaze.
- Dip doughnut tops into glaze and place on a wire cooling rack until glaze is set.
- Sprinkle the tops of the glazed doughnuts with funfetti or other sprinkles before the glaze sets on the cooling rack (optional).
Adapted from Baked Doughnuts by King Arthur Flour
I’m leaving you with this perfect little GIF of a sprinkles assembly line. Because, sprinkles!