I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it! Kudos to you if you get that movie reference from Elf (my FAVORITE Christmas movie). Back to the point: I’m in love with these Matcha-Dipped Chips with Sesame Seeds. I am obsessed with salty-sweet foods—especially in snack form. I’m a 24/7 snacker, so a snack that balances both salty and sweet and won’t overpower my palate is a winner in my book.
If you shop at Trader Joe’s, then you’re probably familiar with their Chocolate-dipped Chips, right? Well, think of these chips as the Matcha version of those chips. The great thing about these Matcha-dipped Chips with Sesame Seeds is that they’re not as rich as regular chocolate-dipped chips. And you know what that means—more chips! Between the salty chips, sweet matcha and white chocolate dip, and the slightly nutty sesame topping, you won’t need any other snacks in your life. Okay, I might need some popcorn…and French fries…but I divest. The point is, these Matcha-dipped Chips with Sesame Seeds pack a whole lot of flavor in each chip.
Before you get to the recipe, I have a few tips about this recipe. First, when you make these you’ll want to set a good rhythm for yourself: Dip, place, sprinkle, repeat. If you can work pretty quickly dipping your chips into the matcha coating, you can dip an entire tray’s worth of chips and then sprinkle sesame seeds over the entire tray before the matcha starts to set. I highly recommend aiming for this process so you’re not making chips all day (unless that’s what floats your boat). This recipe will make about 4 trays of chips, so you should also clear some space in your fridge so you can chill and set the matcha-dipped chips. You can store your Matcha-dipped Chips with Sesame Seeds in an air-tight container in a cool place. I go the extra mile and place sheets of wax between each layer of chips in my container, but it’s not necessary. Lastly, consider doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling this recipe because these Matcha-dipped Chips with Sesame Seeds will go faster than a regular bag of chips. TRUST ME.
- 1 8.5 oz bag of Ruffles Chips
- 2 tablespoons Matcha Powder
- 3 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Place the matcha powder, white chocolate chips, and coconut oil in a glass bowl and place over a pot filled with water.
- Bring the water to a low, roiling boil and start to stir the ingredients with a whisk as they melt. Stir until smooth.
- Once the matcha dip is fully melted and smooth, dip the chips halfway into the dip and place evenly apart on the wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Quickly sprinkle sesame seeds over the dipped chips.
- Place the trays in the refrigerator for 40-45mins to set.