Believe me when I tell you: These Easy Strawberry Cookies are the perfect summer treat. These Easy Strawberry Cookies have a fruity, salty-sweet taste that is crazy addictive. Every year, I think I’ve discovered the best summer cookie, but this one might be the all-time champ. There’s something to be said about a good summer cookie (yes, it’s totally a thing), and here’s why: ice cream sandwiches. You need a good chewy, but not-too-chewy cookie base for a solid ice cream sandwich and these Easy Strawberry Cookies certainly fit the bill. I highly recommend pairing these cookies with my Easy No-churn Mango Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream for the ultimate ice cream sandwich…just sayin’. So if you’ve got a hankering for something sweet, try these cookies!
In other news, I know I’ve been super M.I.A. (again), but I hope you’ll accept these Easy Strawberry Cookies as a peace offering. If you haven’t already heard, I moved to Southern California! The Husband and I are setting up shop in Orange County so we can be closer to family. We’re pretty nervous about transitioning back to California, but are excited to explore all the new things (mainly bars and restaurants if we’re being honest) we’ve missed while living in Chicago. If you have any O.C. or L.A. recommendations, send ’em my way! I’m also excited to pay WAY less for avocados and other produce so I can 1) eat healthier and 2) test more recipes.
One of the perks of moving back to California is that our new house will have a double oven. Yeah, you read right—a double oven. The only problem will be that I have way more test batches lying around the house and that might defeat the purpose of eating healthier… Our house is currently under construction (follow my instastories for some behind-the-scenes peeks), but as soon as it’s done I’ll be back in the kitchen!
Yields 24-36 cookies
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 ounces Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Preheat the overn to 375º.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add one egg at a time and the vanilla bean paste to the butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Last, add the freeze dried strawberries to the bowl and mix on low until strawberry pieces are fully incorporated throughout the dough.
- Drop tablespoon-sized mounds of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on a cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I receive a small commission when you purchase any of the products via the links above. But I wouldn’t recommend them if I didn’t absolutely love them!