I’ve returned to Chicago after a week and a half in California and I have so much to do—but fear not, I’ve got an easy recipe for Sumer Peach Berry Cobbler! Lately work and family have kept me pretty busy, so my packed schedule has made me obsessed with quick and easy recipes. I’m not opposed to the complex and fancy recipes, but I’m a woman on a schedule and I don’t have the luxury of making souffles and macaroons at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I get home and all I want is something sweet, a little bit of ice cream, and a good drink—this is where cobblers come in. Give me a piece of warm cobbler, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a summery cocktail and I’m in heaven. I made this cobbler for my friends when I was in San Francisco and it was a big hit with Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia (hint hint).
On another note, don’t forget to try UberEATS before it ends! Use the promo code LETTUCEUBER to get $10 off!
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 cups of Strawberries, quartered
- 3 cups of Blueberries
- 5 small Peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter, room temperature,
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 3/4 cups of Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 13 x 9 oven-safe dish with baking spray.
- Mix strawberries, blueberries, peach, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla in a bowl until just combined. Pourthe fruit mixture into the pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, remaining salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Set on a wire rack and cool.
In other news, my friends recently introduced me to my new favorite show, The Return of Superman. It’s a Korean reality show that follows celebrity dads who are left alone (without their wives) to care for their kids. The kids on this show are SO CUTE and the dads are amazing parents. You can watch most of the episodes with English subtitles on YouTube or DramaFever. I literally can’t stop watching.
Aren’t they adorable? This is just one of the four families. I highly recommend the entire show.